The ARC locker rooms will close at 5:00 p.m. on weeknights of athletcs events and 10:00 a.m. for weekend games.
ARC General Policies
The following policies apply to ALL areas of the Pratt Activities Resource Center (ARC) unless otherwise stated.
- All patrons must present a valid I.D. to enter the facility. No one will permitted without a valid Pratt I.D.
- No one under the age of 18 is permitted in the facility unless otherwise approved for a specific event or by administrative offices. Individuals under 18 are never allowed in the fitness center.
- Tobacco, alcohol, drugs and illegal substances of any kind are prohibited in the facility. Intoxication is also prohibited while in the facility.
- You are expected to act in a courteous and respectful manner. Profanity, abusive, vulgar, and/or degrading language will not be tolerated. Yelling, rude or boisterous behavior is also unacceptable.
- Clean, dry athletic sneakers must be worn at all times when working out. Only non-marking shoes are allowed in the Dance Studio. No street shoes, bare feet, boots, sandals, high heels or cleats may be worn.
- Proper athletic attire is required while exercising. Jeans, jean shorts, khakis, cargo pants and excessively loose fitting clothing are not allowed. Apparel must be free of zippers, chains, rivets, buckles, etc. Athletic shoes must be worn at all times unless participating in a class that requires otherwise. The Fitness Center staff reserves the right to determine what appropriate athletic attire is.
- No bags or personal belongings of any kind are allowed upstairs. Store belongings in the lockers provided. We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Athletic and Recreation staff will determine the music selection on the center's sound system. No personal stereos or boom boxes are allowed. Patrons may use Ipods or Mp3 players with headphones.
- Food is not allowed in the facility or in programs. Beverages in plastic containers with re-sealable caps are allowed. No glass or metal containers are allowed in the ARC.
- No equipment is to be removed from its designated area or the Fitness Center. Dance Studio equipment may be used when Group Fitness classes are not in session.
- Bicycles, skateboards, and in-line skates are not allowed in the ARC. Bicycle racks are located outside of the facilities for bicycle parking.
- It is the member's responsibility to follow all posted rules and instructions of staff members. Any individual not adhering to policies or acting appropriately will be asked to leave the facility and risk having their membership suspended or revoked without a refund. Please ask the staff on duty if you have any questions or need assistance.
- Towels are required for personal hygiene and equipment cleanliness. Please wipe down equipment after use.
- Respect the facility and equipment at all times. DO NOT drop, throw or slam weights/dumbbells on the floor or racks.
- Use of collars/clamps is mandatory on all free weights bars. Utilize safety bars and spotters.
- Put all weights, plates, bars and other equipment in its proper place after use.
- There is a 30-minute time limit on all cardiovascular equipment when members are waiting for the machine. Please be courteous and respectful of others.
- Only athletic footwear is allowed! Footwear which marks floor surfaces or is worn inappropriately is not allowed. No high heels, boots, dress shoes, tap or open-toed shoes area allowed. This includes spectators.
- Although dunking is allowed, hanging on the rim and "popping" the rim is not permitted.
- Hitting, kicking and/or bouncing of soccer balls or basketballs against the walls is not permitted.
- No personal items are allowed around the basketball courts. No headwear except athletic headbands is allowed on the gym floor.
- Athletic clothing only. Shirts are required, and shorts/pants must be worn at or above the waist (i.e. no exposed underwear).
- Do not move equipment that is already set up.
- Full court games must be condensed to half-court games when other individuals are waiting to play and there are no other courts available.
- Spectators are to sit in designated areas only. No standing along the baseline, between courts or sitting on window ledges.
- Priority is given to previously scheduled activities.
Group Fitness and Dance Studio Policies
- Only instructors on the current semester group fitness schedule are permitted to use the stereo in the Dance Studio.
- Members must wear proper attire. No flip flops, open toed, tap, or heeled shoes are permitted. Non-marking soles only.
- Jump roping is not permitted in the Dance Studio.
- No one is allowed in the Dance Studio while a class is in session unless they are participating in the class.
- Members may enter an open class until 10 minutes after the start time. After 10 minutes, or the end of the warm up, the class is closed to prevent injury.
- Any ARC staff has priority over usage of the Dance Studio at any given time.
- Members may not reserve the Dance Studio for their personal use.
LIU Wellness Center Swimming Pool
January 1-May15: $70 | May 16-August 31: $70
| September 1- December 31: $70
September 1- August 31: $210
To purchase a membership:
Obtain registration form at LIU Pool Office, Wellness, Recreation, & Athletic Center, 161 Ashland Place, Brooklyn, NY 11201
Bring your registration form and payment to the LIU Bursar office (3rd floor of S Building located at 1 University Plaza, Brooklyn, NY 11201)
Hours: Monday, Thursday, and Friday: 9am-2pm or Tuesday and Wednesday: 1-6:30pm
Must be paid with a credit card or cash.
It is important that all Pratt users of LIU pool are aware of LIU policies before going to LIU. Please review the policies below:
Pool Rules and Regulations:
- Must present a valid Pratt ID to enter ( 161 Ashland Place)
- Swim caps must be worn by all
- Locker rooms are for daily use only, please bring a lock. Locks are not provided.
- Shower before entering the pool
Hours of operation
Monday- Friday: 7am-7pm | Saturday 8am-4pm | Sunday- CLOSED
Summer and Holidays:
Student swim ends Friday, May 3; resumes at start of fall semester
Summer hours for faculty/staff with purchased passes:
Monday- Thursday: 7am-7pm | Friday: 7am-3pm | Saturday & Sunday: CLOSED
- Shower before and after using the sauna.
- Check inside the sauna before adjusting the timer. Do not adjust the timer if someone is already inside.
- All users must wear a towel or bathing suit while in the sauna.
- Limit use to 20 minutes or less.
- Do not bring paper products into the sauna
- Do not bring clothing into the sauna.
- Do not place water on the sauna heater.
- All patrons must vacate the sauna before closing of the locker rooms.